Sunday, January 4, 2009

SUMMER FUN DRESS - Kaffe Fasset fabric


I very rarely get to make myself anything - or more accurately, get to make and KEEP anything - but I just ran myself up a new sundress and I will definitely be keeping this one!
It's made from my all-time fave Kaffe Fasset fabric, Flower Baskets in duck egg blue (sadly the colours are really flattened by the flash), a fabric which I'm pretty sure is out of print. The pattern is a mish-mash of a couple of different styles that I threw together, but is basically an empire-line tulip skirt style.



Okay, yes, it's quilting fabric, but who cares? I use drapery and furnishing fabric and all sorts of things to make clothes (please see my previous post about garments made from table linen).

2 comments:

Michelle Brunner said...

gorgeous! I love the color combinations! Wish it was warm enough here for me to wear something like this!

hasanahtex said...

Hasanahtex Sarongs all began in the year 1994.

Hasaahtex Sarongs offers an exclusive line of sarongs, clothing, jewelry and much more. Our items are handmade by the peoples of Bali or Java in the beautiful archipelago of Indonesia.

Hasanahtex is fortunate to be the premier source and best website for buying Sarongs and Garment.
http://hasanahtex.com
hasanahtex@hotmail.com